Many states offer state education grants and scholarships. You should contact your state education agency to determine if your state’s grant program or state scholarships may be used at The College of Idaho. Idaho residents can check the state website at http://www.boardofed.idaho.gov/scholarship/scholarship_jump.asp for listings of state grants and scholarships.
Robert R. Lee Promise A Scholarship
This scholarship provides approximately 25 new scholarships each year to academic scholars. The award is $3,000 per year, renewable up to four years for academic programs. To qualify for the scholarship a student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be an Idaho Resident
- Be a graduating senior of an Idaho high school
- Enroll as a full-time student in an academic or professional-technical program at an eligible Idaho college or university
- Be in the top 10% of their graduating class with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above and an ACT score of 28 or above.
- Application deadline is December 15
Robert R. Lee Promise B Scholarship
Provide up to $250 per semester for the academic year. The Scholarship is limited to four semesters and to first-time freshmen students who are younger than 22 years of age as of July 1 of the year in which they are applying. Students must successfully complete at least 12 credits per semester and maintain at least a 2.5 GPA to remain eligible for the scholarships. To qualify for the scholarship a student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Idaho and have completed secondary school or its equivalent in Idaho
- Have at least a 3.0 high school GPA or an ACT score of 20 or above.
- Be enrolled in and complete at least twelve semester credits for the first time in the 2001-2002 or subsequent academic years and
- Be under the age of 22 prior to July 1 of the year of the award.