NOTE: The Whittenberger Planetarium is closed in January and the first half of February, 2013. It returns to its usual schedule on February 11th, 2013.
Reservations are required for all public shows. For reservation call Kinga Britschgi at 459-5211.
All the Public Shows start at 7:00 p.m. Please arrive 15 minutes earlier, by 6:45.
Please be aware that we do not have wheelchair access into the Planetarium. There is a descent of 10 steps.
The 2012-2013 schedule is as follows (topics will be filled in as determined):
- Wednesday, September 19 - The Autumnal Equinox
- Wednesday, October 17 - Mars & Mercury
- Wednesday, November 7 - Mars Mercury - CANCELLED
- Tuesday, December 4 - The Winter Solstice
- Wednesday, December 5 - The Winter Solstice
- Wednesday, February 20 - Mars & Mercury
- Wednesday, March 6 - Mars & Mercury
- Wednesday, April 17 - Asteroids
- Saturday, April 20 - Astronomy Day
- Wednesday, May 8 - Asteroids
- Wednesday, June 19 - Summer Solstice
- Thursday, June 20 - Summer Solctice
Dates and topics are subject to change!
Cost for Public Shows
$2/child ages 3-17
We can only accept payment with cash or check. No debit or charge cards, please.