NOTE: The Whittenberger Planetarium is closed in January and the first half of February, 2013. It returns to its usual schedule on February 11th, 2013.
Please see Hours of Operation to see when the planetarium is open.
Timeline: All group visits must be finalized by Monday, the week before your visit.
Capacity: Maximum group size of 50 people.
Cost: There is a minimum cost of $30/group. The cost is $2/person (including parents, chaperones, and any other adults) above a group count of 15. Therefore, a group of 20 people would cost $40, and a group of 50 people would cost $100. WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT PAYMENT WITH CASH OR CHECK. No debit or charge cards, please.
Ages & Topics:
- I work very hard to meet the needs of your particular group in terms of both topic and show length.
- The planetarium can be used effectively as tool in a variety of disciplines—science (earth science, astronomy), social studies (history, navigation, cultural topics), and English (storytelling, mythology)—and the program can be adjusted to fit your needs/interests. I usually call you the week before your arrival to learn any particular requests. If you have very specific topics that might require extra planning on my part, please contact me as soon as you have scheduled your group.
- I offer a Nursery Rhyme show for very young students (preschool-1st or 2nd grade), and suggest a time of about 30 minutes.
- Other programs can run up to an hour, but that time can be adjusted to fit your schedule (for example, 45-50 minutes, rather than 60 minutes).
- Please schedule your field trip through Kinga Britschgi at 208-459-5211.