This minor is offered by the Education Department in conjunction with Modern Foreign Language Department under the Professional Studies PEAK. The completion of this 20 credit minor qualifies a candidate for an Idaho Bilingual endorsement that can be added to an existing elementary or secondary teaching certificate.
Minor Requirements (20 credits):
Student Learning Outcomes
- Critical Thinking
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Oral and Written Communication
- Candidates will be able to demonstrate proficiency in Spanish
- Candidates will be able to describe the leading theories of language acquisition.
- Candidates will demonstrate dispositions that are appropriate for someone with will work in K-1 2 schools.
- Candidates will be able to describe the relationship among language, thought, and culture.