Please consider auditioning for a scholarship. We offer financial aid to majors and non-majors alike, as we seek for students who will contribute to our musical and artistic community.
Two types of auditions occur at The College of Idaho: We host traditional audition-days twice each year (see dates below). We also hold Open-Door Auditions, which can occur at an arranged time throughout the year. Although the traditional audition dates are recommended, Open-Door Auditions are welcomed. However, Open-Door Auditions that occur after the traditional audition days may reduce the possibility of your receiving an award.
Auditions will be held on The College of Idaho campus in the Langroise Center for the Performing and Fine Arts. Scholarship consideration in the music program will be based on musical preparation, tone quality, stage presence, musicianship, and potential for further growth. Students should demonstrate openness to learning, an interest in continued development, and a desire to attend The College of Idaho.
Audition Dates (for entry Fall 2016)
- January 23, 2016
- February 20, 2016
- March 12, 2016
Scheduling a Music Audition
You may submit a request online, or call the Music Department at 208-459-5275, or e-mail Evonne Earl, Fine Arts Academic Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org. Recorded auditions will be accepted in certain circumstances, but it is always better to perform a live audition if possible. Please remember that scholarships are awarded early in the year, so an early audition application is in your best interest.
- Dr. Mari Jo Tynon - Voice and Opera email@example.com 208-459-5249
- Dr. Paul Moulton - Music History, Music Education firstname.lastname@example.org 208-459-5217
- Dr. Andrew Gades, Theory & Composition, email@example.com, 208-459-5520
- Dr. Brent Wells - Choral Activities firstname.lastname@example.org 208-459-5607
- Mr. David Johnson - Viola, Langroise Trio email@example.com 208-459-5821
- Dr. Marianne Saunders - Vocal Jazz firstname.lastname@example.org 208-459-5877
- Mr. Samuel Smith - Cello, Langroise Trio email@example.com 208-459-5428
- Mr. Geoffrey Trabichoff - Violin, Langroise Trio firstname.lastname@example.org 208-459-5812
- Evonne Earl, Academic Assistant email@example.com 208-459-5275