A valid elementary, middle school, or secondary teaching certificate required.
- EDUSPA-101 Spanish for Educators I (1 cr)
- EDUSPA-102 Spanish for Educators II (1 cr)
- EDUSPA-103 Spanish for Educators III (2 cr)
- EDU-501 Teaching in a Diverse Society (3 cr)
- EDU-502 Theoretical Foundations for Bilingual Educ. & ESL (3 cr)
- EDU-503 Second Language Acquisition Theory & Practice (3 cr)
- EDU-505 Foreign Language ESL & Bilingual Methods (3 cr)
- EDU-512 Linguistics (3 cr)
- EDU-598 Field Experience (1 cr)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Written and Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Reasoning
- Critical Thinking
- Describe the leading theories of language acquisition.
- Describe the relationship among language, thought, and culture.