The College of Idaho post baccalaureate certification program requires that candidates have completed a bachelor's degree with either the education minor or the Interdisciplinary Elementary Education major. Candidates planning to teach at the secondary level must have a major that meets the requirements of one of the institution's state-approved first teaching field programs and, in most cases, the requirements for an additional endorsement area as a second teaching field. Candidates must apply for admission to the internship year and meet requirements in the areas of cumulative GPA (> 2.75), and dispositions.
Requirements for candidates
Student Learning Outcomes
- Plan and conduct effective lessons
- Manage a classroom in a manner conducive to learning
- Adapt instruction for a diverse population of students
- Work effectively with colleagues, administrators, counselors and parents
- Demonstrate dispositions conducive to being an effective educator.