The Terteling Library subscribes to a suite of online databases, many of which are designed to help students find articles in journals, magazines and newspapers.
Note: Big changes coming to this list of online resources in August 2014! Follow the library on Facebook to hear first about our latest resources!
Library Databases A-Z
- ABI/INFORM Complete - Business. Thousands of full-text journals, working papers, key business and economics periodicals, country/industry-focused reports, more.
- Academic Search Complete - All subjects, includes over 8,750 full-text titles
- Academic Video Online - Many subjects: Business, Health Sciences, History, Performing and Visual Arts, and others. 39 video collections containing 40,000 full videos (not just clips!). Over 20,000 hours of content.
- Bibliography of Asian Studies - Asian Studies
- BioOne - 170+ full-text journals in Biology and Ecology
- Business Source Complete - Economics, Business, Management. RETIRED. Use ProQuest Business databases instead.
- China: Culture and Society - Primary source collection. Around 1,200 items, published between c. 1750 and 1929, mostly in English. Full-text searchable.
- Ecological Society of America - Access to Ecology, Ecological Applications, Ecological Monographs, and Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment
- Empire Online - Primary source collection. Material in the collection spans five centuries and includes memoirs, letters, missionary papers, slave papers, maps, marketing posters, etc. Draws heavily from the British Library.
- ERIC - Education. Provided by the U.S. Dept. of Education. World's largest education database. Currently indexes over 1.5 million items (journal articles, research reports, conference papers, etc.)
- Hoover's Company Profiles - Proprietary information on more than 40,000 public and private companies and around 225,000 top business leaders.
- JSTOR- Full-text journal archive, all subjects.
- LexisNexis Academic - News, Legal Information, Company Information
- Literature Online (LION) - Literature. A substantial literary database that includes full-text of over 350,000 works of prose, poetry, and drama, author bios, bibliographies, literary encyclopedias and criticism, plus an audio archive of poetry and prose.
- MEDLINE - Medicine, Life Sciences. MEDLINE will be switching to PubMed.
- MLA International Bibliography - Literature, Criticism, Folklore, Film, Theater
- Naxos Music Library - Digital classical music collection featuring over 100,000 discs and over 1,450,000 tracks.
- NewsBank Access World News - News
- Nineteenth Century Collections Online (NCCO) - An extensive collection of primary source documents and images from the 19th century.
- Oxford English Dictionary (OED) - Find the meaning, history, and pronunciation of 600,000+ English words.
- Oxford Journals - 200+ full-text journals in Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Humanities, Law, Medicine, and Physical Sciences.
- Oxford Music Online - Includes Grove Music Online, The Oxford Dictionary of Music, and The Oxford Companion to Music.
- Oxford Reference - Search and access over 300 reference titles including encyclopedias, Oxford Companions, and subject dictionaries. Covers most subject areas with special emphasis in the History, the Social Sciences, and Literature.
- Project MUSE - 200+ full-text journals, Social Sciences, Arts & Humanities
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences - Multidisciplinary scientific journals
- ProQuest Central - All subjects. Start here. Lots of full-text titles.
- ProQuest Congressional - Information by and about Congress and its members
- ProQuest Congressional Hearings - TRIAL. Comprehensive coverage of U.S. congressional hearings from 1824-present. Full-text PDF docs. Available until September 27, 2014.
- PsycARTICLES - 60+ full-text Psychology journals
- PsycINFO - Psychology
- PubMed - Medicine, Life Sciences. Citations come from MEDLINE, journals, and books. Citations may link to full-text content from PubMed Central as well as publisher web sites.
- Resources for College Libraries (RCL) - A core list of books recommended for college libraries.
- SAGE Journals - Full text access to 640+ journals in the Social Sciences, Sciences, and other areas.
- ScienceDirect College Edition - Full-text access to the Health & Life Sciences Journal Collection.
- Taylor & Francis Online - Multi-dsciplinary journal collection. Over 1,600 full-text journals covering many areas: Arts, History, Law, Economics, Science, Social Science, and more!
- WorldCat - Find and request books from 40,000+ libraries.
Due to license agreement restrictions off-campus access to the Terteling Library's subscription databases is limited to current College of Idaho students, faculty and staff.
Off-campus access is provided through Web Access Management, a component of the library catalog system. At the Web Access Management Login prompt enter your name and complete barcode (found on your College ID Card).If you are a current College of Idaho student, faculty or staff member and receive a "403 Forbidden" error message when logging in, there may be a problem with your library record (you may not be in the library's computer system, the library system may not have the correct barcode in your record, etc.). Please contact the library staff.
Note that when used through this off-campus proxy server, some of the links between databases (linking from Academic Search Complete to text in JSTOR, for example) do not work properly. In some cases you will need to access the linked database from this page (rather than from the other database) to reach this text.