Organization and Purpose
Documents on this page are grouped according to topics related to grants, grant writing and grant administration. In general, there are four types of documents available:
- Procedures and explanations
- Training materials
The main areas of emphasis include effort reporting, responsible conduct of research (RCR), financial conflict of interest (FCOI) for federally funded research, government notices concerning research policies and grants, and general information about the College for grant applications.
Below are links to important grant-related notices, updates and guides. Files that are too large or otherwise do not conform to C of I's posting standards are accessible through links below.
Please note that all Institutional data included in grant applications must be approved by, or generated by, the Office of Institutional Research.
Every attempt has been made to make Cof I grant forms compatible with Adobe®Reader®. Use of pdf preview in your web browser is not recommended for filling Adobe® forms.
The Grant Proposal Authorization Form (AF) starts the grant application process and helps identify potential alternative sources of support. The AF helps plan for any impacts of the proposed grant on institutional resources. It also serves as the Short Form for certain types of fellowship and grant applications (details on form).
The Grant Proposal Submission Form (PSF) requires the approval of the VPAA, VPFO and for institutional grants, signature of the College President. The PSF also includes assurances regarding human subjects, animal use, biohazards, conflict of interest and other concerns.
Additional grant-related resources are available here (login required).
Links to Grant-related information:
Pre-Award: PI eligibility, Routing Forms, LOA
- Who can submit grants, under what conditions?:
- Proposal authorization form / Short form (AF) rev. Apr '16:
- Proposal submission form (PSF):
- Grant submissions checklist:
- Academic Leave of Absence (ALOA):
- ALOA Procedures:
- R15 Links, FAQs, facts:
- High-Impact teaching-reassignment of effort:
Government Notices, Updates and Guides
- Effect of Gov't shutdown on NSF & NIH funding:
- 2011 FCOI policy: 42 CFR Part 50, 45 CFR Part 94:
- NOT-OD-13-004: NIH clarification on sponsored travel:
- NSF Merit review criteria 3.27.2012:
- NSF agency-specific requirements, 2.1.2012:
- Standard Form 270, request for advance/ reimbursement:
- NEH Challenge grant admin guide:
- Prior Approvals Matrix (FDP expanded authorities):
- NSF Cost-sharing Policy FAQs_Jan 2013: