Organization and Purpose
Documents on this page are grouped according to topics related to grants, grant writing and grant administration. In general, there are four types of documents available:
- Procedures and explanations
- Training materials
The main areas of emphasis include effort reporting, responsible conduct of research (RCR), financial conflict of interest (FCOI) for federally funded research, government notices concerning research policies and grants, and general information about the College for grant applications.
Below are links to important grant-related notices.
Please note that all Institutional data included in grant applications must be approved by, or generated by, the Office of Institutional Research.
The Grant Proposal Authorization Form (AF) starts the grant application process and helps identify potential alternative sources of support. It also serves as the Short Form for certain types of fellowship and grant applications (details on form).
The Grant Proposal Submission Form (SF) requires the approval of the VPAA, CFO and the College President. The SF also includes assurances regarding human subjects, animal use, biohazards, conflict of interest and other concerns.
Additional grant-related resources are available here (login required).
Links to Grant-related information:
- Effect of Gov't shutdown on NSF & NIH funding:
- 2011 FCOI policy: 42 CFR Part 50, 45 CFR Part 94:
- NOT-OD-13-004: NIH clarification on sponsored travel:
- NSF Merit review criteria 3.27.2012:
- NSF agency-specific requirements, 2.1.2012:
- Standard Form 270, request for advance/ reimbursement:
- NEH Challenge grant admin guide: