The College of Idaho appreciates the rigor and integrity of the International Baccalaureate curriculum. As an IB student, you are uniquely prepared for a College of Idaho education that will prepare you to thrive wherever you go.
- IB students comprise 11 percent of our freshman class.
- Our four-year retention rate for IB students is 91 percent.
Benefits for IB Students
Students who complete their IB diploma with a score of 28 or better receive the following benefits at The College of Idaho:
- 30 credits toward graduation upon enrollment.
- Preferred status for admission.
- Enhanced opportunity for merit scholarships, up to $11,000 for diploma-seeking students and $7,500 for non-diploma-seeking students.
Benefits and credits also are available for IB students with diploma scores lower than 28:
IB Diploma score / College of Idaho credit
For those who have taken IB courses but have not earned the IB Diploma, credit will be determined on a course-by-course basis.
High school students who enroll in the International Baccalaureate Diploma program and take Advanced Placement courses during their high school years will only receive college credit based on their Diploma score. In the event that an AP exam is taken in an academic area not offered through the IB Diploma program, students may receive college credit at the discretion of the Registrar.