We are happy you would like to return to The College of Idaho! In order to reenroll yourself as a current student at The College of Idaho, just follow these simple steps:
- Please complete and submit the Returning Student Data Sheet (form) and return it to the C of I admission office at [email protected] or Admission Office, The College of Idaho, 2112 Cleveland Blvd; Caldwell, ID 83605.
- Please ask any college from which you took courses after you left The College of Idaho (C of I) to mail your official transcript as soon as possible to The College of Idaho Admission Office at 2112 Cleveland Blvd., Caldwell, ID 83605. Instead, the college may give you your transcript in a sealed envelope that you give us still sealed. We need a separate transcript from each college, even if the transfer credits are shown on another college’s transcript.
- If you have any holds on your account or if you’re not sure if you do, please contact the Business Office at 208-459-5206 Any holds have to be resolved before we can admit you.
- If you are not sure if you are on active leave of absence, please call the Admission Office at 208-459-5305 or the Registrar’s office at 208-459-5202.
- If you are still on an official Leave of Absence (LOA) from The College, please complete a scholarship renewal application. This application is the Scholarship Renewal Application for continuing students at The College of Idaho. It is on the Applications and Forms page under the Financial Aid Forms heading and is called C of I Scholarship Renewal Application. Please return it to the admission office.
- If you are not on an official LOA, please complete the regular C of I Scholarship Application (Financial Aid/Scholarship Application). It is under the Scholarship Applications heading and is called C of I Scholarship Application. Please return it to the admission office.
- Please complete and submit the FAFSA.
- Students who are not currently enrolled may not register themselves for classes. After you are accepted, you may contact your advisor (email usually works best) to discuss which courses to take. If you don’t know who your advisor is, please contact the registrar’s office.
- If you have been accepted and we have all final, official transcripts (notably the latest one), you may register after priority registration has ended. Your advisor approves you to register then sends your course list to the registrar’s office.
- If you want to live on campus, please complete the Community Living Agreement (online form) as soon as possible. If you have questions about housing, you may contact Residence Life.
- On the first day of the term, please stop by the mail room in McCain to get your mailbox key, and the Campus Safety Office in Hendren Hall to get your ID card.
- You do not have to come to orientation, but you may do so to get your network login, your student ID card photo, mailbox key, and/or to take a foreign language placement test. To attend orientation, after you are accepted please contact your admission counselor to register for it.
- For more information please see the following information and/or contact Assistant Director of Admission Mike Burdine.
Federal Financial Aid
If you wish to apply for federal aid, you will need to complete a FAFSA. The C of I school code is 001617. You must be a degree-seeking student to qualify for aid. Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for federal or institutional (C of I) aid.
C of I Scholarships
If you are on a Leave of Absence (normally granted for 2 years) you will need to complete the C of I Scholarship Renewal Application. If your LOA has expired, you will need to complete the C of I Financial Aid/Scholarship Application. When we admit you we will send you an admission packet with the appropriate financial aid application.
Students with Bachelor’s Degrees
Students who already have a bachelor’s degree are not eligible for C of I merit or need-based aid. Degree-seeking students are eligible for federal loans (unless they’ve take more than 150% of the credits needed to graduate). Students with bachelor’s degrees are not eligible for federal grants.
If you already provided immunization documentation you do not have to do so again. You can check with Director of Health Services Libby Burtner 208-459-5200 or [email protected] to see if she has your documentation.
If you have any holds on your C of I account (e.g., owe the College money), it will be necessary for you to clear the holds. For information about financial holds, please contact the Business Office.
You paid a deposit when you first became a student, so you don’t have to pay a deposit when you return (whether you have been on an official leave of absence or not).
Orientation & Registration
You may talk with your advisor anytime to decide for which courses you will register. If you do not know who your advisor is, please contact the Registrar’s Office. If you have been accepted and if we have all final, official transcripts (notably the latest one), you may meet with your advisor and, as soon as priority registration has ended, you may register. You don’t have to come to orientation, but you may do so to get your network login, your student ID card photo, mailbox key, and/or to take a foreign language placement test. To attend orientation, after you are accepted please contact your admission counselor to register for it.
If you plan to take independent study, please complete the independent study form (available from the Registrar’s Office) before your register.
For more information you are welcome to contact Orrie Rodriguez, Associate Director of Admission.