The following terms and principles are used in administering Davis United World College Scholars grants:
- Students must submit an application to The College of Idaho before being considered for a Davis UWC Scholars grant.
- No separate application for the grant is required. Students from the United World Colleges will be considered for the grant if they meet the admissions requirements of The College of Idaho and the qualifications for the Davis UWC Scholars grant.
- Davis UWC Scholars grants are awarded exclusively to current UWC students or recent graduates who are applying to The College of Idaho as first-year students. Transfer students are not eligible for the Davis UWC Scholars grant.
- Davis UWC Scholars grants are need-based. Grant amounts are determined by taking the student’s demonstrated need and awarding up to $20,000 from funds provided by the Shelby Davis family.
- Davis UWC Scholars grants are renewable for up to a total of 4 years of undergraduate study.
- Students who receive Davis UWC Scholars grants are required to be active participants in The College of Idaho community. It is expected that such students be involved with international clubs and organizations on campus, as well as to assist with the development of further international outreach. As such, Davis UWC Scholars are required to live in campus-owned housing during all four years of study.
- The College of Idaho recognizes the value of studying abroad for all of its students and provides a number of different types of study abroad options including college-sponsored trips and programs through a consortium of other colleges and universities. Davis Scholars are limited to participate in one semester of study abroad through a consortium program while attending The College of Idaho. There is no limit, however, to the number of College-sponsored study abroad trips a student may choose to take.