The College of Idaho Heritage Scholarship is valued at the equivalent of tuition for the first-year of study and remains at that level for all four years of study. Students are able to renew the scholarship each year if a minimum GPA of 3.25 is maintained and the student participates in at least 20 hours of community service each month during the academic year.
- To be eligible for the Heritage Scholar program a student needs to meet the following criteria:
- Have 3.85 GPA (based on a 4.0 scale) at the end of their sixth semester in high school.
- Have a minimum ACT composite score of 31 or have a minimum SAT score (Critical Reading and Math) of 1380.
- Each applicant for the Heritage Scholar program will need to complete an application for admission and be accepted at The College of Idaho prior to being invited to campus for his or her Heritage Scholar interview.
- Each applicant must complete an essay of 750-1000 words, describing how a specific experience in the last few years was beneficial to them or their community.
- Heritage Scholar candidates must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Assistance) and make sure their FAFSA information is sent to The College of Idaho. We encourage you to submit the FAFSA as early as possible after January 1.
- Click here for more information about the Heritage Scholar Program
- Contatct your Admission Counselor to begin the Heritage Scholarship application process!
Students should complete all of the above criteria as early as possible in order to be invited to interview for the Heritage Scholarship. Interviews must take place by the end of February and winners will be announced in mid-March.
High School Counselors
If you are a High School Counselor and you have a student that meets the qualification, please nominate your student using Heritage Nomination Form.