human performance Major (proposed)
- BIO 201 + Bio 202 (8 cr) OR Cellular Basis of Human Physiology (BIO 159; new course) (4 cr)
- Human A&P I (224; requires B201-202 or 159) (4 cr)
- Human A&P II (225; requires 224) (4 cr)
- Nutrition (2xx; New Course) (3 cr)
- Statistics or Applied Calculus (3-4 cr)
Total core units: 18 to 23, including math course
Human Performance is one of three majors based on this core. Some course options below have pre-requisites.
* = New course. HHP prefix replaces KIN.
Above Core, plus:
- Care & Prevention of Injury (HHP 244) (3 cr)
- Motor learning (HHP 304) (3 cr)
- Fitness & Exercise Prescrip. (HHP 312) (3 cr)
- Research Methods (HHP 314) (3 cr)
One of the following courses:
- Applied Sport Psychology (HHP 300) (3 cr)
- Selected topics/ Anatomy (BIO/HHP 354) (3 cr)
- Gross Anatomy (BIO/HHP 3xx*) (3 cr)
- Physiology of exercise I (HHP 343) (4 cr)
- Mechanical Analysis of Sport (HHP 319) (3cr)
- Biomechanics (HHP 3xx*) (3 cr)
- Functional motor skills testing (HHP 3xx*) (3 cr)
A total of 3 credits from:
Total units: 33 to 38, not including prerequisites. Some graduate and professional programs have additional course requirements.