Looking forward ...

By Melanie Palmer

I’ll be making the trek back to Caldwell in about a week and a half, and lately I’ve been thinking about the things that I’m most excited about. Sometimes I feel like I live a double life between school and home – the difference in people, places, and routines makes me more aware of what I miss about the alternative.  Here are some of the things about my C of I life that I’m most excited about returning to…

I’ve missed my friends this summer. I’m really looking forward to being reunited with all of the people I care about. I was an RA in Anderson last year, and all the residents formed a strong bond throughout the year. I can’t wait to live in “our mansion” again and create new memories with old and new friends.

I’m excited for volleyball season to start back up again! It’s always fun to have the support of our fellow Yote fans at our home games!

I love being a part of Res Life. It is a wonderful group of people who work hard to create the type of community that is both welcoming and fun in our residence halls. My favorite part is planning and participating in the hall programs, like this one, where an RA hosted an 80′s themed yoga class.

The Education Department at C of I is extraordinary, and I am so honored to be a part of it.  I’m really excited to start my classes this fall, and to continue student teaching at the local elementary schools. 

Idaho is such a beautiful state! Don’t get me wrong, I love California, but there’s something about the fresh, clean, Idaho air that relaxes me. I live right next to LAX, and can see arriving flights and the 105 freeway from my backyard view – It’s cool, but I’m looking forward to going back to the great outdoors!