Feeling down about your homework load? In need of a pick-me-up? Well before you head to McCain for a Redbull…plant something green in your room! There are plenty of benefits to adding a house plant in your living space. Here are the top five reasons to bring a plant into your room…
- House plants can really brighten up a dull dorm room! Pick up some cool ceramic or plastic pots to house your plants and you will notice a difference in the way your room feels.
- Plants improve air quality! A NASA study found that house plants are able to remove up to 87% of air toxins in 24 hours.
- House plants have a positive psychological effect on humans – they help to improve health, self-esteem, concentration, and accomplishment. Plants also help to heighten creativity and productivity.
- By increasing humidity levels and decreasing dust, plants can help reduce fatigue, coughs, sore throats, and other cold related symptoms.
- Plants promote community and friendship. Choose a plant that grows “babies” that can be replanted, like a Spider Plant or succulents. Share the babies, let them root, and your friends can grow plants of their own!
PHOTO: Here are my plants! I love having them because they truly make my room more "home-y."