Two Weeks and Counting, and Making the Last Two Weeks Count

School starts in just a little over two weeks, and every single C of I kid I’ve talked to in the last month can’t wait to be back. But that’s not stopping us from making the most of the rest of summer. 

This Saturday, my fellow soon-to be sophomore friends Diana and Miguel hit up Saturday market, and got to see a few of the Tour De Fat riders go through downtown in all their costumed glory.

Later that night I met up with some of my KKG sisters to watch another KKG member perform with her band at Movies Under the Stars, which is an outdoor summer movie series put on by the Boise Public Schools Education Foundation.

On the docket for this week: C of I Alumni & Friends Night at the Idaho Shakespeare Festival, where one of our profs comprises one half of the Greenshow. I’ve not made it out to Shakespeare Fest this year, despite student discounts and good intentions, but from my past experiences, it’s always a worthwhile way to spend an evening.

But fair warning—if you go on a night with a Greenshow performance, pack a picnic, and sit next to an aisle, you will be vulnerable to having the “Fool Squad” (aka Prof. Joe Golden and Tom Willmorth) steal your wine, bread, and chocolate covered strawberries.

-Megan Mizuta 

Megan is a sophomore international political economy major from Boise, Idaho.

Boise