I do not make lists

I generally despise blogs that take the form of lists. I think they are way too easy and do not pressure the writer to come up with a nice narrative/argument. But they have their advantages. For atarters, they are easy to read. Why do you think Cracked.com gets so many hits? Also, they are easy to write. And fast. And because I have to head out and actually work, I will just make a list, to tell you of the length and the breadth of my activities since my last blog post.

I got my grubby lil' paws on an 8x10 view camera. I know you have no idea what they are, because it is 100-year old technology. You remember those cameras from the movies where the photographer had to put a sheet on his head, and the camera itself looks like an accordion? That. 

Actually I just decided to put up a photo, for your pleasure. The box that is bigger then my head is the camera.

I managed to pull lots of vegetables. By the last count, I pulled more then a 100 pounds of veggies.

I have been making YouTube videos that the College puts on its YouTube channel.

Working in the darkroom again. I spend roughly 4 hours every other day there, and I come out smelling like stale urine (not because I urinate my pants, but because paper fixer smells like urine.)

This here is the first photo I developed in the darkroom in two years. The image after scanning came out to a solid gigabyte. but what is computing power in the face of art?

alberto

EDIT: Actually because this post hasn't been uploaded yet, so I can add another photograph. This is my friend CJ on a slackline, again, with the 8x10 camera.

slackline

Actually yeah, that's that. I seem to be really boring. It's a shame, but you know, c'est la vie.

Till the next time,

Cheerio,

-Rahul Sharma

Rahul is a junior art major from Jammu, India.