Pericles: In the Works

This year's fall production, running next month, is Bill Shakes' Pericles. 

Pericles is one of William Shakespeare's lesser known plays, but it is such a fun piece to work with.  I am an assistant stage manager for the show, so I come to most rehearsals to help set up the stage, get props in order, take notes, call lines, etc. 

Rehearsals are 6:30-9:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and every day I see more and more coming together with this play.  Jenny, our director, has an amazing eye for directing artistically and conveying a lot with a little space.  She has cut the script of Pericles down for this run of the play. 

The set is built by students taking Stagecraft and/or Theatre Ensemble, too.  Students are very much involved with the entire making of the show.  There are a lot of really impressive ensemble scenes coming together and it's a really beautiful process to watch the cast and crew collaborating so wonderfully to pull all of their ideas together into one solid production. 

Given the chance, I highly recommend seeing this show; it keeps getting more and more body to it and I can't wait to see the finished product. 

Over and out,

- Mariah Mae

Mariah is a sophomore theatre and nursing major from Cataldo, Idaho.