Monday Mocha Madness

The transition from summer to fall always seems to catch me off guard in Idaho. I seem to have no time to say goodbye to the nice, warm sunny days before I am surrounded by the October chill. The days are getting shorter and my 8 a.m. class is becoming harder and harder to wake up for.

This week I have had to dig madly through my drawers to find my warm socks and sweaters, which I haven’t seen for months. Fall has also seen the resurfacing of my coffee addiction and in particular mochas. So far I have had a great time looking for the best mocha surrounding the college. I have visited Dutch Bros, The Bird Stop Coffee House, McCain and Imelda’s. For the most part they all satisfy my needs, however, a few stand out.

Dutch Bro's is great if you have a huge sweet tooth, but it was way too sweet for me. The Bird Stop Coffee House is in downtown Caldwell, and was kind of expensive, however, the coffee was great and you can get up to 4 shots of espresso. McCain (on campus) has a great priced mocha but it was also a bit too sweet. Finally, Imelda's (which you can still get coffee from their restaurant) has a great Mexican mocha, which Imelda makes with love and care.

To be honest, my favorite was from the Bird Stop, closely followed by the Mexican mocha. But to be certain there is definitely no shortage of delicious warm drinks around campus.     

-Natasha Rooney

Natasha is a senior history major from Melbourne, Australia.