Senior Day

Over the last week or so I have had something missing in my life. I have had a lot more time to do my homework but am missing catching up with my team everyday. I am talking about my last soccer match ever. Unfortunately the end of break also saw the end of the women’s soccer season. I no longer have practice every day and have just returned my uniform for the last time.

I have been with the girl’s soccer team since my freshman year and have had many ups and downs. I have stuck it out through the cold and the insanely hot summer pre-seasons and I have developed my skills as well as my character. I am proud to say that I am a senior of The College of Idaho women’s soccer program.

Being a part of a college sport has been an incredibly rewarding experience. You get to know an amazing group of girls, who are not only your teammates, but also your friends and you know that they will support you no matter what. We train together, we play together and we have fun together. You also gain a coach who will be there to encourage you and will push you to achieve your best, not only on the field, but also in the classroom.

I stood at my senior game with a certain sadness in my heart knowing that it had all come to an end, however, stepping on to the field made me realize just how fast the last four years have gone and how far I had come since day one as a freshman. I can confidently say that continuing my sporting passions through college has given me some amazing friends, experiences and has allowed me to grow not only as a player, but also as a person.

-Natasha Rooney

Natasha is a senior history major from Melbourne, Australia.

Athletics