Headed Out

Tonight is my last in Caldwell for a few weeks—I’m off to London and Paris starting tomorrow. The suitcase is all packed up; I’ve stocked up on Ziploc bags, band-aids, and granola bars and have spent much of the last night writing out directions to and from different London and Paris metro stations.

After a movie marathon on Monday (we watched The Iron Lady, This is England, and The Queen) the London group went over some practical information about our impending departure. We’re all meeting up at the Boise airport to catch our 2 o’clock flight to Minneapolis, and from there we’ll land at Heathrow. We’re supposed to sleep as much as we can on the Minneapolis to Heathrow leg and then not go to bed until 10 p.m. once we’re in London in an attempt to combat the seven-hour time difference. Upon arrival we’ll buy oyster cards—aka transit passes for use on the bus system and tube. We’ll also draw some pounds and get used to calculating prices in something other than dollar denominations.

Next time I post here, it’ll be from 4,852 miles away. Or if you prefer, 7,808 kilometers.

--Megan Mizuta

Megan is a sophomore international political economy major from Boise, Idaho.

Academics