Paris in the Snow

It's day four of my Paris trip, and so far I've been alternating between eating pastries and looking at great art. There's an abundance of both in the city of lights. I'm going to have a hard time going back to eating croissants from Albertson's after this trip. 

Today I visited the Tuileries, a park in the heart of Paris. While I assume it's at its most grand in the springtime, it was impressive in the snow. Thanks to the snow, the ground in the park was just as white as the surrounding  buildings, all of which are ornate and noteworthy.

I also paid a visit to the Arc de Triomphe, and Monet's water lilies in the Musee national de l'Otangerie. After that it was off to the Centre Pompidou-musee national d'art moderne. But before going in, there was a break in the snow, so I took some time to wander the surrounding streets. I came across multiple cafes, creperies, Starbucks, McDonald's, and one KFC. Needless to say, I didn't hit up the KFC for lunch. Once I was inside the modern art museum, I was happy to find a mobile by Alexander Calder, one of my favorite artists, who I learned about in last spring's Modern Art After 1940 class. There's also a big Calder outside the museum, free to be blown around by French winds. The museum houses Duchamp's Fountain, which I also learned about in Modern Art After 1940, but am a lot less fond of.

From Paris,

Megan Mizuta

Megan is a sophomore international political economy major from Boise, Idaho.