Apparently There's More to Paris Than Pasteries

Well, tonight is the last in Paris before we catch the Eurostar back to London tomorrow. My friend Jenette and I celebrated by going out to dinner at an actual restaurant. We've been subsisting largley on the nearby grocery shop, boulangerie, and "big panini place" for the last week, so tonight was a nice break. And since we'd had more than our fair share of baguettes, croissants, and crepes, we went in a different direction and tried out escargot. After getting over the fact of the dish being comprised of snails, the bite size little creatures were pretty tasty, perhaps owing to their being drenched in butter and garlic.

After our food foray, we rounded out the night at the Eiffel Tower, which has a light show on the hour.

Earlier today, I took about a three hour walk through Paris. The nice thing is that you can never be hopelessly lost in a city with as many metro stations as Paris has. My wanderings around the southern half of Paris  resulted in a serious craving for macarons. Luckily there are about as many places that sell pasteries and treats as there are Starbucks in Seattle, so it was a craving easily sated. I finished up my macarons on a bridge over the Seine before heading into the Musee d'Orsay to spend some quality time with a few Van Goghs and Manets.

From Paris,

Megan Mizuta

Megan is a sophomore Literature in English major from Boise, Idaho.