Almost Time to Get Moving

Between Christmas break, my London trip, and winter break, I haven’t been in real school for about two months. But that’s about to change—on Monday I’ll start in on 16 credits and pick up my other responsibilities again.

I’ve been elected as the vice president-standards for my sorority, which is about the equivalent of being chief justice of Judicial Board, but specifically for the C of I KKGs. Starting on Tuesday, I’ll start back up with Ambassador Council, so I’ll be marching around campus in a purple polo shirt with prospective students in tow.

Right now I’m also in the midst of writing two articles for the Coyote. They won't be for my normal column, but will instead be two interviews with winners of the C of I Oscars, in which the Coyote facilitates a student-voted Oscar list with categories like “Best Student Entertainer” and “Professor Least Likely to Give an A.” I’m writing the articles for “Biggest Female Party Animal” and “Best First Year Mentor.” Rest assured, the two categories were not won by the same individual.

The full brunt of the impending semester hasn’t hit me yet though, and I’ve spent the break at home in Boise, where my dog gets in my bed and wakes me up to play fetch. On First Thursday, I went to see the elephants at the Boise Art Museum, and the Valentine For Aids show at the Flying M. And last night my mom and I went to A Nighttime Survival Guide at Boise Contemporary Theater. It runs till March, and if you’re in the area, you should check it out.

From Boise,

Megan Mizuta

Megan is a sophomore Literature in English major from Boise, Idaho.