Vote, Yoties, Vote

Elections for student body offices were held last Friday, but late last night there were still campaigners knocking on my door. That’s because today is the run-off for two offices: Treasurer and Secretary.

Voting opened at midnight, so maybe that was the reasoning behind a late night campaign stop. But I go to bed early (think 11:30 p.m.) and I refused to answer the knocks on my door, so I woke up to three campaign notes in front of my door, plus one Hershey’s Kiss. There are four candidates between the two offices, and the only reason I didn’t have campaign material from all four is because Oscar, who is running for secretary, came though Anderson knocking on doors the day before. I give Oscar extra points because he came before 11 at night.

Voting takes place online—all students are emailed a link to a ballot. I voted just before heading out to my 8 a.m. class, and tonight (after midnight of course) there should be an email with the results of the runoffs and a breakdown of votes.

I won't be waiting up for the results, but regardless of which candidate wins in the runoffs, C of I should have a strong executive council for the next year.

From Anderson,

Megan Mizuta 

PS. Regarding room draw, I did run around like a chicken with my head cut off, but I landed a coveted, if pricey, spot in the Village apartments.

Megan is a sophomore Literature in English major from Boise, Idaho.