Earth Week!

The countdown is on. It is less than a month until graduation and stress is in the air.

Just before I sat down to write this post, I printed out around 10 academic articles from my internet lover, JSTOR. These articles are to help me in my history seminar and refine my final thesis.

These last few weeks have been hard, especially with the weather warming up, but also with the amount of events on campus right now. The second six weeks of spring is always a festive time for C of I students and programming throughout the college provides seniors and everyone else with an abundance of study breaks and BBQs.

This week, for example, is Earth Week. In celebration of Earth Day, students were able to eat a ‘low carbon diet’ lunch from the caf and celebrated in the evening with an acoustic open-mic night, sponsored by TERRA, the environmental club on campus. Other events, such as a bonfire, local cook off challenge, Idaho wine presentation and a slow food Italy presentation will also be taking place throughout the week.

These events are a great opportunity for students (like myself) who are interested in the environment to organize events and bring campus awareness to movements and new ideas. They also provide students with awesome local foods and great company.

A perfect escape from the library and the copious amount of reading assigned every week! 

-Natasha Rooney

Natasha is a senior history major from Melbourne, Australia.