Mr. CASAnova

C of I is known far and wide for having intelligent and multi-talented students, but did you know that Yotes are extrordinarily good-looking as well?

Mr. CASAnova is a man-pageant, which showcases the dashing good looks you see around campus. Ten extremely talented men shed their inhibitions (and the occassional shirt) to raise money for a great and very worthy cause, CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates). They dressed as sea creatures, they danced, they rapped, they played guitar, piano, and slammed some poetry. They really put themselves on display.

It was cool to see another side of the people I see on my team, in the caf, living on my floor, in the weight room, and I few I didn't know at all. It was truly an entertaining night--this is not your high school's variety show!

The MC's were super funny, sharing stories about their lives on the spot to entertain the packed house when something went awry backstage, and keeping the atmosphere light and goofy.

The judging panel contributed a lot to the show as well: one of campus' most beloved professors, Mee-Ae Kim, plus Missy from the caf, Daryl from Campus Safety, last year's Mr. CASAnova winner, and Ari Lawson, an active member of our student government commented on the acts.

The Thetas put on this event, and for everyone's efforts, $1,500 was donated to CASA. 

The whole thing was just fantastic, and since I can't share the entire event on my blog, I'll just share my personal favorite act of the night (I aplogize for not having edited out the long intro--skip the first 20 seconds or so) :

- Claire Cushing

Claire is a freshman pre-engineering major from Sandy, Oregon.