The Calm Before Spring Fling

It’s Friday night, and I’m staying in my room. Right now, I’m getting ready to watch some Netflix, and my biggest decision is whether to honor my Money and Literature class by watching the 1974 version of The Great Gatsby, or whether to do homage to my Brontës class, and watch Jane Eyre. I’ve read both books within the last month, (ok, April, not May) but I just finished up a big fat paper on Jane Eyre, so I might have to go for The Great Gatsby.

I feel justified in staying in my room on a Friday night for two reasons: A) I’ve already been out tonight, as I attended the senior showcase for the theatre kids. B) Tomorrow is Spring Fling, the biggest party of the year, with a forecast in the 70s and a long lineup of live music in the quad.

Spring Fling is not only the biggest party of the year; I’d say it’s the most anticipated event of the year. Why? Because the school gives out swag bags, feeds us, gives kegs to those of age, and then provides us with music. Mud volleyball kicks off the official events at noon, followed by free fajitas in the Oasis. Then there’s some music in the Oasis, and a three-hour break. Activities resume at 5, when swag bags are given out, and student djs will spin on the steps of Boone. At 8, live music starts, and will last till midnight. Spring Fling is a last big hurrah before dead week, and I’m looking forward to Program Council’s biggest event.

Tomorrow's lineup include: The Charlies, F. Strokes, and Marshal Poole.

From Anderson,

Megan Mizuta

Megan is a sophomore Literature in English major from Boise, Idaho.