Writing and Readings

We’re in the midst of dead week, and the temperatures are now in the perfect range to induce lethargy. Unfortunately, the library is the place to be instead, and all my regular study spots are being stolen by last-minute paper-writers. Alas and alack.

But tonight I took a break from my own paper writing (which is about The Great Gatsby, written while listening to the new soundtrack). Anyways, I took my break to listen to some of the College’s talented writers read their works at the annual Literary Magazine Release party.  The lit mag is titled “Naked Street” and is composed of contributions from the student body, and edited by students. Tonight the contributors convened in McCain Pub to nosh on aperitifs and read their pieces. This is Conor Harris performing one of his poems:

In other news, the London trip is having a PR revival on the College’s banner and in Quest Magazine. It’s been just about four months since we got back, and I’ve gotten in the habit of checking what time it is in London. Right now it’s 3:25 a.m.

From Mountain Standard Time,

Megan Mizuta

Megan is a sophomore Literature in English major from Boise, Idaho.