Spring at C of I

The trees are flowering, the grass is green, the birds are out, and the infamous sprinklers are back on. Gauntlet though they may be to navigate, they are at least a good reminder to slow down.  

Dead week is called dead week for a reason; the last few weeks have been an absolute whirlwind! I think there have been more events on campus the past few weeks than would have been possible to attend, even without finals approaching.

Besides spending way more time than I'd like to in the library when it's 80 degrees outside, I've been eating new (free) foods from all over the world at the International Student Organization's Food Fest, enjoying the madness that is Spring Fling, studying in the quad, playing frisbee, hanging out at Caldwell Bowl for bowling night, viewing the Senior Art Show, training for my position as a First Year Mentor, going for a food run to McDonald's well past midnight, learning to solder, bouncing between study groups, and I missed a tour of the tunnels on campus, a trip to Wahooz, a comedy show, and paddleboarding at Lake Lowell (as well as at least 5 or 6 other events).

Spring is truly a busy time at C of I, it's hard to believe that the year will be over just next week! 

--Claire Cushing

Claire is a freshman pre-engineering major from Sandy, Oregon.