The View from the Village

After three carloads from Boise, I’m all moved into my apartment.  I scored a spot in the two person Mustard apartments for the year, and am happily situated on the first floor. I moved in on Friday, and even after just a few days I’m reaping the benefits of Village living.

One of these benefits is still being on campus. McCain is less than a hundred meters from my patio, and I’m looking forward to being able to pick up my 12 oz chai on the way to class.

Another major plus side of Village living only comes to mind after talking to some of my friends who are renting houses off campus. They’re having landlord problems and lease issues and have yards to take care of and have utility bills to pay. And none of them have air-conditioning. The only problem that I have right now is that my dining room table has mysteriously disappeared along with two kitchen chairs. But my apartment manager is on it, and the table should be restored to the apartment soon. In the meantime, I’ve been sitting on my patio and dining alfresco.

Here’s a look at my new place.

Bedroom

Bathroom

Kitchen and Living Room

Utility Room

From the Village,

Megan Mizuta

Megan is a junior Literature in English major from Boise, Idaho.