Falling Well

These weeks are going by so fast I at some point forgot what month it was. Nonetheless, fall semester sophomore year has definitely been my favorite semester. 

I got the chance to attend the Idaho Shakespeare Festival and it was absolutely amazing. Had an amazing time watching, "The Foreigner" by Larry Shue and it was hilarious. By the time we left, my cheeks were honestly hurting. It also rained a little and for some reason I enjoyed that too. Other than that, I realized how much more enjoyable college is when I take the time to attend events. I have made some new friends and that's always a good thing. 

Lectures have also been incredible. My favorite classes right now are, "The History of The United States" with Professor Berger and "Chinese" with Professor Lin. Actually, now that I think about it, I also really enjoy "Business Computer Applications" as well as "Introduction to Political Economy." With professors that give such interesting lectures, it would be a little weird not to have a good semester, "all else remaining the same" (a phrase constantly used in IPE class).  

I have been playing a lot of tennis lately and I always get back feeling so refreshed. It’s also interesting that after I started playing, I’ve had a lot of people approaching me and saying that we should play sometime. It’s definitely a way of making new friends with similar interests.

With such a good support structure from my lovely friends, the Program Council and their events, sporting events and amazing professors, I can never imagine being at any other college. 

P.S. The picture was taken at the Shakespeare Festival. In it is Mavji from Tajikistan and Omar from Costa Rica.

- Kenny

Keneuoe Mphutlane is a sophomore International Political  Economy major from Lesotho.