Starting break with swimming in the sun

The first weekend of break for me consisted of swimming, followed by some pretty memorable times in San Francisco. The swim team took a 12-hour bus trip down to Mills College for a dual meet against UCSC in Oakland, California on Thursday morning. Although it was a painfully long trip down, our first race day was not until the afternoon the next day.

We did very well as a team and had more podium spots than UCSC, but the Banana Slugs won because of their large roster. Several school records were broken and many national standard times were earned. I ended up riding with my parents back home due to some medical emergencies, while the rest of the team stayed at school and practiced.

Here are a few pictiures that my family took over the weekend.

This is me right before my 200 freestyle. I qualified for nationals with a "B" standard, coming in at 1:50.41.

on the blocks

A little bit of perspective. Me diving off the block at the start of my 200 freestyle.

Off of the Blocks

Corbin and I prepairing for our 800 freestyle relay. Nolan Hill and David Riser were also in the relay. We destroyed the school record and qualified for nationals as well.

Time for relays

Me at the start of my 200 backstroke. Although I didn't do so well personally, I did place third overall. Hopefully it was just a fluke and I will do better at our next meet. Ryan O'Leary placed 2nd in the event

200 Back

200 Back

Here is most of our team in Ghirardelli Square in downtown San Francisco. I managed to eat 3 boats of sushi, an In-n-Out Burger, fries, and a milkshake, and an ice cream sundae. needless to say I was hungry.

Night out in San Fransisco

Mckayla, Kaylee, Dylan and I at Rainforest Cafe, even though we didn't eat there. We kind of just wanted to look at the fish tanks.

Rain forest cafe 

- Blake Kaufman

Blake is a freshman biology major from Bend, Oregon.

Athletics