On making igloos at night

It has been awhile since I have really posted anything on the student experience blog. Part of it is because I have been coping with my photography monomania. I figure there is only so much photography triva I can deliver before I start sounding like an old high school teacher who you can't really hear and who speaks in a monotone.

Of course, If you like photography trivia, and reading me talk about the state of photography as it is, I am going to put my senior thesis on my website, as soon as the thesis is done. You can read my hemingwayesque writing all the time then.

So why am I writing this? Primarily because I went on a guilt trip about shirking my responsibilities because of my monomania. But also, because I did something cool yesterday. I was part of a group of bored college kids who made a 7-foot high igloo in our shared backyard. It was pretty fun. My projections (the little structural engineering I know, which is nothing) tell me this will stand for a month. So yeah. I am now an amateur photographist, and an amateur Igloo maker. Behold.   

- Rahul Sharma

Rahul is a senior art major from Jammu, India.