20 Questions

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night, readers! It is, in fact, morning here in Boise and I am taking a break from being a hard-hitting journalist to write to you, because I had something to say that was too important to wait until I made it back to school. Not only is March Fourth the only day of the year that can be read as a full sentence, it also is this blogger’s birthday.  So, in honor of me being 20 years old today, I will be answering 20 questions relating to life, love, and the pursuit of a college education. Now, let us march forth to greatness!

Is the C of I haunted? No. Yes? Blatchley almost definitely.

Why do you make so many Star Trek references? Because somebody has to. All right, I promise to tone it down with the Star Trek.

Klingons or Romulans? Klingons! (See, I lied last question. I will give up Star Trek references when the government gets its priorities straight and makes Starfleet a thing. Actually, who am I kidding, my references would actually increase 1701% if that happened.)

Who would win in a fight between Hermione Granger and Katniss Everdeen? Feminism.

Why Creative Writing? Because I literally possess no other talents besides my ability to spin a phrase. Also, counter-question, why not Creative Writing?

What’s the weather like in Caldwell? Indecisive.

Is it still considered “cool” to be cool in College? Has it ever been considered “cool” to be cool? (Said the person who has never been considered cool by any stretch of the imagination.)

What are college students’ opinions of pizza? If we had to choose between pizza and it literally doesn’t even matter what I compare it to, the answer will always be pizza. PIZZA.

How’s the internship going? Great! The boss called me ‘Amber’ today, which is closer than he has ever actually gotten to getting it right.

Biggest complaint about C of I? THE SQUIRRELS ARE TOO DAMN FEARLOUS (pardonnez mon français)

Biggest compliment for C of I? You look pretty today.

Weirdest thing about your dorm? We came back from Winter Break to discover that someone had decided our bathroom needed something to jazz it up, so there now is a potted plant in the farthest stall.

Favorite food served in the cafeteria? Anything that ends with the word ‘cake’.  

Have you ever gotten in trouble at C of I? During midterms last year, my roommate and I decided we couldn’t let another day go by without us seeing if we could make the distance between our beds in one jump. The answer, in case you are wondering, is yes, we could, but not without making an inordinate amount of ruckus and causing the people below us to complain to the RA about us. Apparently childish merriment is frowned up during midterms. Also, there was this one time with a confetti cannon, but that is a whole other story for another day.

Are you worried about the crushing force of oblivion finally overcoming the world as we know it? I am now?

Favorite word? Bobble.

Are you a fan of the idea of “selfies”? Please refer to picture attached to this post.

Favorite person on staff at C of I? Nancy in caf.

Are you wearing pants? No. But that’s because I’m wearing a skirt. Because I’m a lady. It’s a lady skirt.

Best place to get some peace and quiet on campus? Topmost level of the library.

Aaaaaaand that’s all, folks. I’m off to revel in the fact that my teenager years are now nothing but a distant memory. I have to go do adult things, like complain about joint pain, worry about my fiber intake, and make teens uncomfortable by trying to get “hip” and “jiggy” with their lingo.

Until next week, dawgs.

-Ashley A. Miller

Ashley is a (now 20 year old) sophomore Creative Writing major from Payette, Idaho.