The Week in Photos

It’s been a marathon week, and it’s not quite over yet. Spring Fling looms on the horizon, and it’s about 80 degrees outside. That makes it 50 degrees here in the library, but this place shuts down at 5 o’clock on Fridays, so I’ll be out of here and back in the sunshine soon enough. On the schedule for tonight are tapas at the Basque Market in Boise, and some deep sleep. Tomorrow, I’m hoping to go for a hike before returning to campus for a night of revelry.  But, before that, here’s a look back at the week in photos. (Bonus points if you can tell which of these photos are instagrammed.) 

NAME OF PHOTO

Senior Art Exhibit: Eight senior artists, cheese platters, and free wine. Enough said.

NAME OF PHOTO 

The Omnipresent planner, and a Dodocase: I’m all signed up to blog again next year, and part of the blogger perks include my very own tablet. Which means, of course, that I immediately went shopping for tablet cases. What I ended up ordering was a Dodocase, aka, a case that disguises the tablet like a book. So now everyone who doesn’t read this blog will think I’m carrying around a monogrammed moleskin notebook.

NAME OF PHOTO

Oh hey, the planner again: Just a glimpse at how my week looked, in planner form. 

NAME OF PHOTO

Heritage Cake: Every year, the Heritage Scholars and our advisor Rochelle gather to celebrate the graduating seniors, and to generally have a good time. This year’s party included a Heritage cake. We only ate half of it, and the rest was couriered across campus for Boonies to snack on.

NAME OF PHOTO

Spring Fling Preparations: That orange fencing in the Quad doesn’t mean they’re reseeding the grass, it means there’s going to be a giant party there Saturday night, and the party needs discrete boundaries. 

NAME OF PHOTO

Kappas at the Awards Banquet: This year, instead of a long, hot, and cramped awards assembly in Jewett, we had a nice, comfortable, and more formal awards banquet. My parents and brother came over, and I received the Abbott award. With me in this photo are the four other members of my sorority who received awards.

The day before, the English Department held it’s own mini awards luncheon, and I received the Caxton award, which means that I get to pick out a book from Caxton Publishers. 

NAME OF PHOTO

Modern Art: After the awards banquet, and in spite of those undone essays, I went over to First Thursday in Boise. We hit up Modern Art at the Modern Hotel. During this First Thursday event, the Modern Hotel in the Linen District opens up its room for artists to display their works, or to hold performances. Spied at the Modern: Scott Knickerbocker (to whom one of my essays is due next week) and his banjo.

NAME OF PHOTO

Dandelions!: Our campus has a hardworking maintenance staff, but the dandelions still abound. This guy is from in front of the Village.

From the Library, 

Megan Mizuta

Megan is a junior Literature in English major from Boise, Idaho.