Every Bit Counts

Left with only two days before I leave Caldwell, I have been working on implementing my project and although it requires tremendous sacrifice and effort, I was aware at some point that the only way to make it a reality is to put even more extra effort in it than I previously had. At the end of the day, it had become so much more rewarding just simply knowing that I put more work into it even if I don't get a single response from organizations or individuals I have been contacting.

On that very note, while I was waiting for responses from several people, feeling a little discouraged, it dawned on me that other people had dreams that they may not be able to achieve because of various reasons. I started looking up scholarship information and grants for a few people that have asked me if I knew of any. I then decided it wouldn't be too much trouble if I actually posted sources and information on different social media platforms about opportunities that are offered to students in different countries. The response on Twitter from merely posting links was encouraging because it made me aware that some things I thought most people were aware of in some cases are unheard of. Just another opportunity to help out.

Also, Igor Samardzic, a C of I graduate, just launched his funding site to offer long term support to flood survivors in Bosnia through poultry in a project called Nojeva Barka. Following the stories of the current floods in that region, it is encouraging to see neighboring countries and the international community being of so much support to the people of Bosnia, Serbia and Croatia; it increases my already existing faith in humanity.

I will be spending these last few days in Caldwell exploring the outdoors and can't wait to share my experiences about the beautiful Idaho. Stay tuned. 

P.S. The image was taken on one of the random trips we make to the lake when life becomes a little overwhelming, and I might have a slight obsession with shells and rocks. 

- Kenny

Keneuoe Mphutlane is a junior International Political Economy major from Lesotho.

undefined