Thousands of alumni, parents, friends, businesses and foundations have invested in The College of Idaho's comprehensive campaign to advance our 122 year legacy of excellence, individualized education and commitment to service and leadership.
Progress! As of July 1, 2014, these visionary people, businesses and institutions have committed more than $163,000,000 in gifts and pledges. This is 94% of our ten-year goal.
President Marvin Henberg shares the history and vision of Advance the Legacy.
The College of Idaho’s legacy began in 1891 with William Judson Boone's proclamation "Let them come, let them all come, and we will see what they can do." Since that time, the College's dual emphasis on access and achievement has provided thousands with a bright path to fulfill their dreams and to change the world. In 2006, when the original name “The College of Idaho” was restored, the board of trustees launched this comprehensive campaign to raise $175 million by 2016 – the 125th anniversary of the founding of The College of Idaho.
The current campaigns that are part of Advance the Legacy include
- Remodeling Boone Science Hall
- Endowing scholarships that attract and support exemplary students
- Building an Athletics and Outdoor Education Facility
- Renovations for Physician’s Assistant Program
- Completing Wolfe Baseball Field
- Endowing a Chair in Judaic Studies
- Endowing the Campus Ministries Program
- And many more vital programs