During the 2012–2013 academic year, The College of Idaho had 69 student-athletes selected to the Cascade Conference’s All-Academic Teams, 39 NAIA or USCSA Scholar-Athletes and six Academic All-Americans. C of I student-athletes captured nine national titles in indoor and outdoor track, cross country and snowboarding.
The new Marty Holly Athletics Center will greatly relieve crowding in the present J.A. Albertson Activity Center and provide the high-quality training and support facilities that are necessary for the continued success of all our student-athletes, including the College’s reinstated football team. At the same time, congestion within the Jeker Family Fitness and Weight Room in JAAC will be eased to ensure its availability for use by other students, faculty and staff.
Moreover, Phase II of the new facility will help the College take better advantage of one of its greatest assets: our close proximity to world-class whitewater rafting, fishing and skiing/ snowboarding, as well as outstanding hiking and camping. The College’s Outdoor Education Program provides an avenue for all students to enjoy our Idaho setting. However, it currently lacks professional staff support and space for a robust educational program of classes, workshops and trips. A new Outdoor Education Center will enhance the College’s offerings of a broad range of programs that enable students to develop a love for activities such as hiking, climbing, skiing, kayaking, fly fishing and much more.
Features of the Center
- Sports Medicine Suite
- Team Classroom
- Outdoor Education Center
- Fitness/Weight Room
- Men’s Locker Room
- Women’s Locker Room
- Coaches Offices
- $2,000,000 - Marty Holly Athletics Center (Funded)
- $500,000 - Fitness Center-Weight Room (Pending)
- $500,000 - Sports Medicine Suite / $250,000 - Training Room Only
- $250,000 - Cardio Mezzanine (Pending)
- $150,000 - Men’s Locker Room; Football
- $100,000 - Women’s Locker Room; Cross Country/Track, Softball, Soccer
- $100,000 - Strength Coach Office
- $100,000 - Team Classroom #1
- $100,000 - Team Classroom #2
- $100,000 - Coaching Suite
- $100,000 - Head Football Coach Office (Funded)
- $75,000 - Entrance Lobby
- $75,000 - Offensive Coordinator Office
- $75,000 - Defensive Coordinator Office
- $50,000 - Coaches Locker Room
- $50,000 - Equipment Room
- $50,000 - Track & Cross Country Coach Office
- $50,000 - Soccer Coach Office
For more information about these and other naming opportunities, contact The College of Idaho Office of Development at 208-459-5301.