International Exchange - Coming to C of I

The following information is specifically for international students who would like to come study on The College of Idaho's campus! 

Exchange partnership 

The College of Idaho has specific exchange program agreements with institutions in MoroccoSweden, Ireland, and China (, The difference between coming to The College of Idaho as an "exchange student" vs. an "international student" is (A) you are registered as a student at our partnering institutions and (B) you would study here only for a short term (1 to 2 semesters). 

How to apply

To begin the exchange process you must first contact Jennifer Riddle, 208-459-5688. There are certain academic requirements you, as a student, must meet prior to starting any application process. These requirements will be discussed with you when you call or email Jennifer.

For ALL partnering programs tuition expenses are waived (no fee).

Student Expenses (out-of-pocket): 

  • Standard J1 visa fees
  • Room & Board 
  • Travel expenses
  • Books & miscellaneous items
  • Institutional program processing fee of $750.00 for those coming from Morocco, Sweden, and China. 

More information coming soon!