You can support the OJSMNH by volunteering, donating, and making purchases at the gift shop (online purchases coming soon!) You can download a brochure describing how you can help the Museum by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
If you would like to make a monetary contribution to the Museum, click here to contribute via The College of Idaho's donation page. In the Designate Your Gift section please indicate the "Orma J. Smith Museum of Natural History". If you want your donation used for a specific purpose, please indicate that as well.
The Museum also welcomes donations of supplies and other items. Please contact Museum Director Bill Clark if you want to make this kind of donation. Click the link at the bottom of this page for a printable version of the Museum's current wish list.
Museum collections are always growing. Please contact Museum Director Bill Clark if you would like to contribute specimens.
Examples of Museum Needs
- Special printer for labels inside vials with samples in ethanol (~$5000)
- Exhibit case for African Leopard (~ $11,000)
- Digital camera for our Leica microscope (~ $ 4000)
- Badger exhibit (we're about halfway to our goal, and still need ~ $2000. Samples are at the taxidermist.)
- Library software
- 8.5 x 11" photo frames (~$10 each, many needed)
- Enoz brand moth balls (Willert home products), which contain a specific chemical needed to preserve entomology collections ~$5.00/box, many needed)
- Silicone sealant (in tubes, need two to five, cost ~$3.00-$5.00 each)
- Water Alarms (The Watchdog Water Alarm, Model #BWD-HWA) (~$12.00 each, can use up to 10 of these)
- Elmer's glue (various sizes)
- Office supplies (various)