GRANT UPDATES: AUG 8, 2014
MURDOCK CHARITABLE TRUST EXPANDS NATURAL SCIENCE GRANTS PROGRAM
The newly expanded program for Natural Sciences at the M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust is now accepting applications.
- Use the new online application portal for submission of proposals to the Natural Sciences program
Only proposals submitted using the online system will be accepted
Formerly labelled the Murdock College Research Program for the Life Sciences, the revised program now includes most science fields.There are a number of major changes from the original Life Sciences program, explained in a new set of guidelines, as well as the instructions and checklist.
- Eligible PIs with an appointment in: chemistry, physics, astronomy, geology, biology; also PIs doing research in selected fields in psychology and environmental science are eligible
- Grants will be 3 years in duration, and up to $60,000 (Trust support limit)
- Minimum 20% cost share from the institution
- Third year of support requires proposal submitted to a national funding agency
- Grants will be non-renewable
- On line application process, October 1, 2014 due date
As in the past, Murdock faculty start-up grant applications are due August 1, 2014, with awards in late November.
FULBRIGHT SCHOLARS 2015 PROGRAM
AUGUST 1, 2014 DEADLINE: CORE U.S. FULBRIGHT SCHOLAR PROGRAM
The countdown has begun! Applications for the 2015-16 academic year competition will be accepted through August 1, 2014. Qualified U.S. faculty and professionals are invited to submit proposals for 2015-16 grants. More information and application materials are at www.iie.org/cies or to view a list of opportunities by country, visit http://catalog.cies.org/.
SCHOLAR-IN-RESIDENCE PROGRAM, DEADLINE OCTOBER 15, 2014
Applications are now being accepted for the 2015-16 Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence Program cycle. The Scholar-in-Residence program assists U.S. higher education institutions to expand programs of academic exchange and helps to strengthen the international presence on campus. Applications are due on October 15, 2014!
More about this wonderful opportunity: http://www.cies.org/program/fulbright-scholar-residence-program
Application and guidelines: http://www.cies.org/programs-us-institutions-scholar-residence/applicati...