On January 1, 2013, The College of Idaho made the switch to Microsoft Office 365. This page contains important information for students and alumni with Yotes accounts. If at any time you have trouble or need more information, please contact Alan Price at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-459-5444.
Already have your Office 365 password?
Go to http://email.collegeofidaho.edu to login to your account now.
Having trouble with the sign-in page? See the "Having trouble signing in?" section below.
What You Need to Know
First, your email, contacts, and calendar didn't go anywhere. You have the exact same mailbox as before though with a slightly different look.
Second, you must choose a new password for your email account before you'll be able to login. See Step 1 in the How to Get Started section for information.
Third, after the upgrade completes you will have two accounts. The passwords for these accounts will not automatically be the same. You may make them the same, but they don't stay in sync on their own.
- Your Office 365 account: This account requires the new password and gives you access to email and collaboration products licensed by the College for your use. We setup, maintain, and support these accounts. We can help you get your password back if you forget it. In the future we also hope to offer students additional Office 365 products via this account.
- Your Microsoft Account: This account will use the same password you have now. It's for accessing SkyDrive, Office Live Web Apps, Skype, Xbox Live, and any other services that use the Microsoft Account (formerly called a Windows Live ID). If you lose your password to this account we cannot help you get it back. This account is entirely private and only shares a sign-in name with your Yotes email address.
How to setup your upgraded account
Already have your password but having trouble logging in? See the next section, "Having trouble signing in?" for help.
- Setup your new Office 365 password at https://eduupgrade.office365.com. Don't use the same password as your Microsoft Account because it can later cause problems. See the section below for more information.
- Click the button to login to your email.
- If applicable, update your password in your smartphone, tablet, or and/or email client to continue syncing your mail, calendar, and contacts.
Having trouble signing in?
You cannot sign in to your email by using Outlook.com!
We've determined that this is the reason many users are having trouble. You must use http://email.collegeofidaho.edu.
If you've already logged in to Outlook.com and are now stuck, try this:
- Click the link to sign out of your account.
- Go to http://email.collegeofidaho.edu.
- Click "Sign in with a different user ID" to clear the login form.
- Login with your email address and Office 365 password.
Why is this happening? When you sign in to Outlook.com you are technically signing in with your Microsoft Account and not your Office 365 account. After visiting Outlook.com and trying to login, your Microsoft Account username is remembered and put in the box where your Office 365 account username is supposed to go. Yes, they're the same username but technically different. We will be opening a case with Microsoft to recommend that they improve this functionality to prevent this problem.