Love the outdoors? You’ve come to the right place! College of Idaho students have access to world-class opportunities for skiing, mountain biking, camping, hiking, fishing, whitewater rafting, wildlife viewing and more – all within a short drive from campus. Learn more about some of Idaho's natural treasures below.
Top 5 Idaho Natural Treasures
- Yellowstone National Park - The world's first national park is a wonderland of geysers and other geothermal features, wildlife and mountains.
- Salmon River – A rafting, fishing and wildlife hot spot and designated National Wild & Scenic River.
- Frank Church/River of No Return Wilderness – The 2nd largest wilderness area in Lower 48 states.
- Snake River Hell’s Canyon – North America's deepest river gorge, 2,000 feet deeper than the Grand Canyon.
- Sawtooth Mountains – A campers’ and hikers’ paradise.
For information about more of Idaho's natural attractions, check out the VisitIdaho.org website.