Hiring a Yote has never been easier!
Our exclusive job and internship database, Coyote Connections Live, will allow you to post career and internship positions, review online resume books, and monitor applications. If you are a new employer or internship host, all you have to do is create an account to get started posting job and internship opportunities. Contact Jennifer Riddle at 208-459-5688 if you have questions.
By posting a job or internship opportunity, you agree to comply with all federal and state regulations regarding Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity and to follow the National Association of Colleges and Employers Principals of Professional Practice.
Criteria for an Experience to Be Defined as an Internship
To ensure that an experience—whether it is a traditional internship or one conducted remotely or virtually—is educational, and thus eligible to be considered a legitimate internship by the NACE definition, all the following criteria must be met:
- The experience must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom. It must not be simply to advance the operations of the employer or be the work that a regular employee would routinely perform.
- The skills or knowledge learned must be transferable to other employment settings.
- The experience has a defined beginning and end, and a job description with desired qualifications.
- There are clearly defined learning objectives/goals related to the professional goals of the student’s academic coursework.
- There is supervision by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There is routine feedback by the experienced supervisor.
- There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the host employer that support learning objectives/goals.
If these criteria are followed, it is the opinion of NACE that the experience can be considered a legitimate internship.
- See more at: http://www.naceweb.org/advocacy/position-statements/united-states-internships.aspx#sthash.3AlNBonQ.dpuf or http://www.naceweb.org/advocacy/position-statements/united-states-internships.aspx
Looking for an unpaid intern? Be sure to review Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act.
For on-campus presentations or information tables, contact our office at [email protected] or 208-459-5688 to find out how your organization can gain more visibility at The College of Idaho.