Registered Events

Please read The College of Idaho's event policies document (pdf download) and return a signed copy to Special Events and Conference Services. Student organizations can return the signed copy to either Special Events and Conference Services in Blatchley Hall or to the director of student involvement.

Event Planning and Registration

The college will only officially recognize student organization events that are fully registered. The following general criteria must be met to register an event:

  • Student event space is reserved on a first-come first-served basis.
  • An Event Registration Form needs to be completely filled out and submitted to the Student Involvement Director (or designee) at least two weeks in advance for all student-sponsored events (forms can be obtained from the Student Involvement Office).
  • A Budget Sheet should be completed for any event requiring a financial expenditure and can be obtained from the Student Involvement Office.
  • Special Events and Conference Services should be contacted at least two weeks prior to the event in order to reserve the necessary facilities and equipment (part of the Event Registration form).
  • Additional clearances and/or a CAAG, (Campus Activities Advisory Group meeting) may be required for events where alcohol is served (see Registered Event Where Alcohol is Served), events that utilize the fire pit (see Fire Pit), fundraisers and raffles (see Fiscal Policies and Spending Guidelines), outdoor events, off-campus events and events open to the general public.
  • CAAG meetings are scheduled every other week. CAAG meetings are composed of representatives of Student Affairs, Campus Safety, Facilities, Special Events and Conference Services, and Bon Appetit (food service). The purpose of the CAAG meetings is to facilitate effective student programming by providing a forum for effective problem solving, technical support, advising on campus policy or safety issues, and ensuring necessary authorizations.

Further details regarding "Registered Campus Events" can be obtained from the Student Involvement website.

Registering EventS Where Alcohol is Served

The college believes that alcohol should not be the primary focus of any campus event. Alcohol is an ancillary aspect that may be provided at campus events in accordance with campus policies and applicable laws. To host an event where alcohol is served, the sponsoring organization must:

  1. File an Event Registration Form and an Alcohol Clearance Form with the Student Involvement Office at least one month prior to the event.
  2. Attend a Campus Activities Advisory Group (CAAG) meeting at least two weeks prior to the event (see Event Planning and Registration).
  3. Complete an Alcohol Event Summary Report within one working day following the event.
  4. Refer to the college Alcohol Policy in the Student Hanbook.

Canyon County ordinance requires the purchase of a "site license" to sponsor an event where alcohol is served. Food service will not purchase a site license until after the CAAG meeting has occurred. Because of risk management concerns, only licensed and insured vendors may serve alcohol at student-sponsored functions.  Bon Appetit will be the alcohol provider for all on campus events. The following facilities may be approved for a "Registered Campus Event" where alcohol is served with the permission of the Student Involvement Director and Campus Safety Director in accordance with established guidelines:

  • McCain Center
  • Simplot Dining Commons
  • Blatchley Hall
  • other areas as may be deemed appropriate

Specific Information on guidelines or forms for campus events where alcohol is served is available in the Student Involvement Office.

Fire Pit Use

To ensure safety and the responsible use of the fire pit, the college has established policies and procedures pertaining to its use. Recognized student organizations interested in using the fire pit for an event must complete an Event Registration Form no less than one week prior to the event and follow the "Fire Pit Use Guidelines", which can be obtained from the Student Involvement office. A meeting with the Campus Activities Advisory Group (CAAG) may also be required. A fire permit can be obtained from the Campus Safety office.