Registering as a Club Sport
A club sport is defined as a group of students organized for the purpose of furthering their common interests in an activity through participation and competition separate from college athletics and intramurals programs.
- Check out, and complete, a Club Registration packet.
- The officers and advisor must sign the Hazing, Banking, and Student Handbook signature sheets.
- Select a president and treasurer (required officers).
- Have at least five members who are full-time C of I students.
- Obtain a full-time member of the faculty, staff or administration as an advisor.
- Either submit a constitution or make sure the most recently updated version (no more than three years old) is currently on file in the Office of Student Involvement.
- A copy of reservation and event policies will be provided to the club officers.
- Provide an updated, official roster at the end of each semester.
- All student members must sign a liability waiver.
All club sports are required to have an advisor who has direct experience coaching/playing the sport. If the faculty/staff advisor does not have the necessary experience, it is up to the club to find a coach in addition to the faculty/staff advisor.
Club sport coaches will be expected to:
- Complete the Club Sport Volunteer Coaching Form
- Complete the Human Resources Department Sexual Harassment Training
- Pass a background check
- It is the responsibility of the club to provide the funds to process background checks on their coaches.
- Attend/oversee club practices
- Attend/oversee club competitions
- Travel with the club for any off-campus practices and competitions
- Check the safety and usability of equipment and facilities
- Abide by, and enforce, College of Idaho policies
Club sports will not be recognized by the college until the above requirements have been met.