Skip to main content

J1 Visa International Exchange

Exchange Partnership

The College of Idaho has specific exchange program agreements with institutions in MoroccoSweden and Ireland. The difference between coming to The College of Idaho as an "exchange student" versus an "international student" is that you are registered as a student at our partnering institutions and that you would study here only for a short term (usually one to two semesters). 

How to Apply

To begin the exchange process you must first contact the PEAK Center. There are certain academic requirements you must meet prior to starting any application process. These requirements will be discussed with you when you contact the PEAK Center.

For all partnering programs tuition expenses are waived (no fee).

Student Out-of-Pocket Expenses: 

  • Standard J1 visa fees
  • Room and board 
  • Travel expenses
  • Books and miscellaneous items

For students coming from Morocco, Sweden and China and institutional processing fee of $750 USD also applies.