How is Financial Aid received through The C of I credited to the student’s account?
Most of the awards that appear on the Financial Aid Award Notification are automatically applied to your student account upon the return of your signed award letter. Exceptions to this rule include:
- Outside Scholarships are applied when the scholarship check is received by C of I. NOTE: Please notify the Office of Student Financial Aid Services if you are receiving any outside scholarships.
- Federal, state and C of I Work-Study earnings are paid directly to you by check as you earn the money. It is your responsibility to make payments on your student account. NOTE: Remember, these are potential earnings and are not guaranteed.
- Federal Subsidized Stafford Student Loan and/or Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Student Loans are applied directly to your student account if your lender participates in Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). If not, the funds will be applied to your account after you have endorsed the check.
- Federal PLUS Loan is applied directly to your student account if your lender participates in Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). If not, the funds will be applied to your account after the check is endorsed and returned by your parent.
- “Tentative” awards on your Award Letter (Pell or state grants) must be finalized before credit will appear on your student account. Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid Services if you do not know what paperwork needs to be turned in to finalize your award.
How and when will I receive a school bill?
You will receive your bill, at your home address, shortly after you have registered for classes.
You will receive your fall semester billing, at your home address, in mid-July and your Winter/Spring semester billing in mid-November.
When is payment due?
Payment is due on August 15 for the Fall term and December 15th for the Winter/Spring term or 14 days after registration, whichever is later.
Students are responsible for obtaining the information needed in order to pay tuition and fees by the due date(s).
Please refer all questions regarding billing to the The College of Idaho Business Office at 208-459-5206.